Special Committee and Corporate Counseling
Ross Aronstam & Moritz has represented special committees of independent directors in investigating and responding to pre-suit stockholder demands. We also have been counsel (both pre- and post-litigation) in leading Zapata special litigation committee cases. Due to the sensitive nature of this work, including engagements for Fortune 100 companies in the technology, financial services and insurance sectors, please contact us to learn more about our experience in this area.
Ross Aronstam & Moritz also draws upon its Delaware corporate law expertise and Court of Chancery litigation experience to either avoid litigation or best position clients in circumstances where litigation is likely. Ross Aronstam & Moritz has counseled corporations, directors, officers, and significant stockholders in connection with mergers and acquisitions, going-private transactions, contests for corporate control, interested director transactions, indemnification and advancement disputes, and corporate governance best practices, including director independence, board and committee composition, and disclosure.
Articles and Memos
- Voigt v. Metcalf: Delaware Court of Chancery Adopts Innovative Approach to Assessing Allegations of Effective ControlMay 2020The M&A Lawyer
- April 2018The Business Lawyer
- January 3, 2018Columbia Law School Blue Sky Blog
- September 2017The M&A Lawyer
- May 2017The M&A Lawyer
- Singh v. Attenborough: Delaware Supreme Court Deals Another Blow to Stockholder Plaintiffs in M&A LitigationAugust 2016The M&A Lawyer
- June 2015The M&A Lawyer
- Mitigating the Risk of M&A Litigation an Old-Fashioned Way: Delaware Law Favoring Stock-for-Stock MergersDecember 2014The M&A Lawyer