Chambers USA 2019 Again Ranks Firm Band 1 for Court of Chancery
Chambers USA 2019, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business has again recognized Ross Aronstam & Moritz LLP for its excellence in Court of Chancery litigation. In again awarding the firm a Band 1 ranking, Chambers praised the firm's “well experienced and respected” lawyers as “incredibly smart and hard-working” and “exceptionally good at highly expedited litigation.” Chambers also commended the firm’s lawyers for their “really good courtroom instincts” and “strong trial skills,” as well as their ability to “make really effective tactical decisions on the fly,” noting that “the product they put out is of an excellent quality.” Chambers observed that the firm “[r]egularly represents major corporate clients as lead trial counsel,” is “in all the big cases,” and regularly advises “directors and special committees on associated corporate governance and transactional matters.”
Chambers also recognized all of the firm’s partners, noting that clients and peers recognize:
- Brad Aronstam as a "highly sophisticated Delaware expert on corporate governance issues” and “strategic and tactical litigator,” whose “legal arguments and written product are absolutely first-rate";
- Garrett Moritz as a "powerful intellect who is first-rate at issue-spotting and developing arguments," and who “is really good on his feet and has a very incisive and persuasive style";
- David Ross as a "a fantastic trial lawyer with a really good understanding of Delaware law" and “tremendous insight into legal issues";
- Eric Selden as "a very good litigator who is good on his feet and a very good thinker”; and
- Michael Sirkin as “incredibly smart, thoughtful about what he does and knows Delaware law very thoroughly."
Chambers conducts annual, in-depth interviews of clients and lawyers to assess the strengths and reputations of U.S. attorneys. The lawyers are ranked on technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment, and other qualities most valued by clients.