Washington & Lee School of Law, summa cum laude, 2015
- Order of the Coif
- Washington & Lee Law Review, Senior Articles Editor
- W&L Law Council Law Review Award for Best Student Note
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Burks Scholar
Lafayette College, magna cum laude, 2012
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, Associate, 2016-2017
Delaware Supreme Court, Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Leo E. Strine, Jr., 2015-2016
United States District Court for the District of Delaware, 2017
United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 2021
R. Garrett Rice
Garrett is a corporate and commercial litigator in the Delaware Court of Chancery and other Delaware courts. His practice includes a high concentration of cases concerning corporate governance, fiduciary duties, M&A transactions, alternative entities, and complex commercial disputes. Garrett has also been involved in several high-profile appeals before the Delaware Supreme Court, where he began his legal career as a clerk for then-Chief Justice Strine. Outside the courtroom, Garrett regularly advises companies and their directors and officers concerning an array of Delaware law and governance matters.
Garrett regularly writes on matters of Delaware law and his scholarship has been cited favorably by the Delaware Court of Chancery and academics alike. In both 2021 and 2022, The Legal 500 recognized Garrett as the only “Rising Star” associate in M&A defense litigation. In 2020, Garrett was recognized among the “Top 40 Under 40” by the Delaware Business Times.
Garrett maintains an active pro bono practice, which has ranged from First Amendment litigation to various family law matters. He currently serves as a court-appointed mediator in landlord-tenant cases. Outside the office, Garrett serves as President of Washington & Lee University Alumni Association’s Delaware chapter and is active in his church.
As noted above, Garrett served as a law clerk for then-Chief Justice Leo E. Strine, Jr. of the Delaware Supreme Court. Following his clerkship, he practiced at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP before joining RAM.
Articles and Memos
- Can a Christian Be a Corporate Lawyer? Tracing Corporate Law's Religious Roots and Identifying How We Can Integrate Our Faith and Work43 J. Legal Prof. 143 (Spring 2019)
- Give Me Back My Money: A Proposed Amendment to Delaware’s Prepayment System in Statutory Appraisal Cases73 Bus. Law. 1051 (Fall 2018)
News & Speaking Engagements
- The Legal 500 US Again Recognizes Ross Aronstam & Moritz and Its Lawyers as Among the Top Nationwide for M&A LitigationJune 2023
- December 2022
- The Legal 500 US Again Recognizes Ross Aronstam & Moritz and Its Lawyers as Among the Top Nationwide for M&A LitigationJune 2022
- The Legal 500 US Again Recognizes Ross Aronstam & Moritz And Its Lawyers As Among the Top Nationwide for M&A LitigationJune 2021